BIC Senior Manager, Finance-West & Central Africa
BIC® products are recognized all over the world for their quality, safety, affordability, and ease of use. The ballpoint pen, the pocket lighter, and the shaver are all part of the daily lives of millions of consumers. These products make BIC® an iconic international brand, present in more than 4 million retail outlets in more than 160 countries around the world.
BIC’s founder, Marcel Bich, understood that to succeed, BIC needed hands-on team members who were willing to take measured risks and assume responsibility for their role in a team. Today, we provide our more than 15,000 team members in 61 countries with the opportunity to invent BIC’s future – together – while honoring our past achievements. We are committed to our team members’ development and empower those who wish to discover different areas of our business or acquire international experiences.
The Senior Manager has the ultimate responsibility for the financial health of the West & Central Africa cluster and oversees the delivery of key financial KPI’s as well as the strategic plans for the BIC business across the Region.
The role is completely autonomous in terms of operational decisions. In terms of more tactical or strategic decisions, such as change of model of operation, needs of investment or other long-term impacting actions, then there is a direct reporting to the MENAWACA & SA Cluster Senior Manager Finance. Overall, there is a great deal of autonomy for the role allowing to run the function and department as per it is best fit.
Controlling The Financial Reporting
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Ensuring compliance with local legislations in each of the entities.
- Working with local authorities as/when required.
- Management of the monthly reporting process involving the close of accounts and reporting thereof.
- Close collaboration with regional teams to manage the monthly close position across all P&L lines and BS.
- Inventory / Interco / invoicing / purchase transactions reconciliation and control related processes.
- Overseeing the consolidation of statutory entities and distributors performances into results
Management Of The Audit Process
- Working closely with local auditors (Grant Thornton / Deloitte) to meet group audit requirements/timelines.
- Full drafting, completion, and ultimate signature of the Annual Financial Statements.
Management And Custodianship Of The Entities Control Environments
- Preparing for and managing the Internal Audit Process.
- Liaising with group Internal Audit on findings and recommendations.
- Working with all departments to ensure implementation of agreed action plans.
- Develop appropriate internal controls were deemed necessary.
Overseeing the financial analysis of forecasted & historical financial information
- Utilizing the data obtained in the analysis to provide meaningful insight into the strategic planning of the business.
- Reading of the data to proactively manage risks (actual and perceived) to the business.
Preparation And Submission Of The Forecasts
- Management of the group / region timelines and submission of additional information as required.
- Overseeing the forecast positions against budgets with strategic management of both Income Statement and Balance Sheet to maintain KPI deliveries.
- Constant communication to MENAWACA & SA office to maintain understanding of regional position and outlook.
- Management on risks and opportunities to region KPI’s.
Strategic Planning And Effectively Managing Of The Budgeting Processes, Ensuring That Budgets Are Prepared, Implemented, Adhered To, And Take Responsibility For The Status Of All Budgets
- Presentation of the budgets to regional teams to ensure they fully understand the build-up of the numbers and strategic intent of the positions taken with ability to defend inputs.
- Cross functional partnership on Brand Support / Opex budgets with the hierarchical head to transfer accountability to the departments allowing collaboration in delivery of final Opex landings and ultimately company IFO.
- Responsible intimately for the build-up of the numbers to provide sound business advice and partnership to the management on where pressure may come from and where room to maneuverer exists.
- Identifying and controlling potential risks ensuring compliance with all taxation and accounting laws/policies.
- Tax, local GAAP and IFRS compliance.
- Ability to model scenarios for changes to economic and political landscape changes.
Implement group policies whilst maintaining operational agility
Reviewing of the fixed asset registers and recons to GL:
- Implementation of audit recommendations (when required) to ensure safeguarding of all entity’s assets.
- Identification of areas for improvement on the entities’ asset controls
- Adjusting to changing legislation (if required) group policies on fixed asset accounting.
Reviewing Debtors, Creditors, And Inventory Levels
- Custodian of region working capital levels targeting budget KPI’s.
- Balancing of commercial objectives and financial risk associated to collection of cash from sales.
- Communication and collaboration with sales teams and business development teams on status of debtor’s balances and strategic plan development when required to improve collection rates.
- Development of early warning signs to maintain risk profile and prevent long overdue accounts.
- Working with insurance partners on market research and trends to identify early where risks may occur from.
- Constant interaction with supply chain teams to manage levels of stock versus budgets and commercial needs.
Support The MENAWASA Senior Manager Finance
- Proactively work with regional HQ to ensure the right level of communication and information sharing preventing surprise events.
- Partnering with regional finance team on situations where advice and guidance is needed to ensure all rounded solutions are reached which align to MENAWASA strategies.
Key Performance Indicators / Key Figures
Monthly reporting is completed meeting group / region deadlines
Prepare the annual budget, Long Term Strategies (LTS) and forecasting:
- Collaborate with commercial teams in developing LTS for all Categories.
- Work with manager to define areas of strategic importance to align with MENAWASA objectives.
Working Capital Management (Debtors, Creditors & Inventory)
- Maintenance of ICD target according to Budget/forecast and /or internal commitment.
- Production, review and management of action plan on the monthly SLOB report.
- DSO target as per Budget/ Forecast and / or internal commitment.
- Mitigation of the risk of bad debt and requirement for provisions.
- Free Cash Flow to generate profitable results, healthy levels of working capital and manage capital expenditures.
Meets Budget P&L KPIs
- Volume and Net Sales Growth
- Increase of GP & IFO
- Controls the company’s OPEX.
- 3 direct report
- 23 Countries
- Based in Ivory Coast and travels as per business needs especially in Nigeria, Senegal, Ghana, and Cameroon
- Required D- Desired
- Minimum 10 years if experience in finance with 5 years in a regional managerial role.
- Proved Experience in Heading a Finance Department such as Finance Director, preferably in the FMCG Industry.
- Experience in African markets across legal entities & distributor business models is a significant plus.
- Strong Experience in accounting in a FMCG company with international exposure including multi-currency experience.
- Strong Analytical and Numerical Skills.
- Knowledge of OHADA/IFRS rules and experience on VAT implementation is advantageous.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office including intermediate/advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Understanding of Financial Systems – JDE and HFM will be a huge plus.
- Strong at process improvement, committed and involved to transformation/cultural change.
- Integrity, Assertive, Approachable, Adaptability.
- Rich Experience and Exposure in Managing Teams and People.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Presentation Skills
- Business Strategy: Optimizing financial & strategic agility.
- Pricing: Price Positioning & Strategy
- Distribution and Trade
- Business Partnering: Value add interactions / service
- Engages Others
- Displays Strategic Agility: Strategic thinker
- Drive for Results
BIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly commit to hiring people with different backgrounds and experiences to help us build better products, make better decisions, and better serve our customers. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability status, or similar characteristics. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
BIC is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any team member at BIC via email, or directly to a BIC team member in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of BIC, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by BIC as a result of the referral or through other means.
- Addresse ABIDJAN
- Salaire Non Definis
- Années Experience 0