Country HSSE Manager
Maersk is looking to hire a Country HSSE Manager to join our team in Abidjan.
He/ She will be responsible for managing and executing HSSE, IM & BCM requirements at country level. To ensure Global HSSE, IM & BCM frameworks & local requirements are implemented through own actions and through ‘Site HSSE focal points’. Interpret locally the Corporate HSSE, IM & BCM strategy to co-create appropriate plans at site level considering the risk profile, regulatory framework and business drivers.
An exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business setting characterized by high pace and diversity.
You will get to focus on creating valuable relations and work with highly-professional teams in an environment where you will be valued, recognized and well-rewarded.
Moreover, you will expand your business network and enrich your market and product knowledge while contributing to the continuous success of the Ivory Coast Area.
You will gain substantial general management, people management experience in HSSE with a new orientation and strategy.
• Roll out company HSSE policy within the country and ensure adherence at all level.
• Ensure coordination of ‘Site HSSE focal points’ work and their application of Maersk HSSE, IM and BCM standards including maintaining an overview of all sites within the country and list of corresponding ‘Site HSSE focal points’.
• Empower and enable Operational team members with day-to-day responsibility to implement HSSE, IM and BCM related activities (management/implementation/assessment/training) whilst understanding and managing the implications of change to risks in the country.
• Assure critical controls are identified and a control effectiveness and maintenance plan is developed and implemented.
• Define the HSSE, IM and BCM requirements of contractors and vendors and assuring provision in contracts, and conformance of contractors at their place of work in line with directions from centre HSE, Security, crisis and BCM functions.
• Provide technical expertise, operational excellence and support across the functionalities.
• Advise the business in a timely manner on all HSSE, IM & BCM legislative and best practice developments.
• Conduct risk assessments and ensure corrective and preventive measures are undertaken as well as controls and
barriers are put in place.
• Investigate, analyse and review all HSSE incidents high potential Near Misses and unsafe practices within the country. Report all incidents to the centre according to the define framework.
• Conduct HSSE and BCM audits of own, as well as partner facilities as per global programs.
We are looking for
• 5+ years’ of solid HSSE experience
• Professional certification / NEBOSH diploma / relevant H&S Degree
• Fluency in English and French (mandatory)
• Incident Investigation / Root cause analysis training
• Proven management & Problem-solving skills
• Efficiency in processing paperwork
• Energetic, dynamic, driven, positive, enthusiastic.
• Ability to think laterally and to act through reasonable decision making.
• Ability to implement and manage change in the organization
• Commercial awareness & Perseverance
• IMDG (knowledge on dangerous goods) & Trucking experience
• Having sound knowledge of local HSSE legislations applicable to logistics industry
• Good understanding of risk management principles and application of barriers and critical controls
• Establish full overview of all sites and all HSSE persons with in Area
• Understand current HSSE commitments to customers across Area
• Establish all significant safety risks within the Area
• Address minimum top 1-3 safety risks in sites using safety differently methodology
• Establish BCM plans for key sites
• Ensure timely reporting of all incidents
- Addresse Abidjan
- Salaire Non Definis
- Années Experience 0