The preferred location for the position would be the IPA office in Abidjan, Cote d’Ivoire with frequent travel to Niger. However, Ouagadougou, Accra could be considered. The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will join a large Right-Fit Evidence unit team in the Abidjan office and will report to the Senior Associate, with additional oversight from the M&E Engagement Manager in New York and IPA’s Francophone West Africa Country Director.
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a global research and policy nonprofit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. As its core business, IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. IPA has conducted hundreds of randomized evaluations across sectors, learning both whether programs work, and how they can work better.
Complementing this core business, the Right-Fit Evidence Unit at IPA is a new effort aimed at helping organizations build strong and tailored Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) practices, which balance the need for information on impact with operational data to support management decisions. In close collaboration with IPA’s sector programs and country office teams worldwide, the unit provides consulting and direct services to implementers, donors, and governments, with the goal of helping them figure out what reliable data and evidence to gather, how to do it in a cost- effective way, and how to make the promise of data-informed programmatic decisions a reality.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will be the deliver M&E technical support to enable data-driven design and iterative adaptation during the first year of the markets and nutrition program. The Monitoring & Evaluation Associate will work closely with the implementing partners in the consortium alongside the M&E team within CNFA to strengthen capacity in using collaborative, learning-oriented and adaptive M&E within the program interventions. With oversight from the M&E Senior Associate, the Associate will:
- Support CNFA and implementing partners to develop detailed plans for Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) through workshops, technical reviews and providing feedback
- Provide ongoing technical advice on the design of data collection methods, survey instruments, data management, analysis, and on how to integrate evidence use into management decisions and organizational routines
- Train partner team members in how to collect, analyze & use high-quality M&E data
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, public policy, social science, or a related field
- 1-5 years of relevant work experience, including experience in M&E (public/non-profit sector) or organizational performance (private sector)
- Superior analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills
- Strong client facing and presentation skills, and ability to build relationships of trust with stakeholders
- Ability to present information in a structured and insightful way, both in writing and orally
- Self-starter, entrepreneurial mindset, versatility and willingness to learn.
- Experience working in developing countries
- Strong proficiency in Excel for data management and analysis
- Passion for making data-driven decision making a reality in the development sector.
- Fluency in French and working proficiency in English required
Preferred additional qualifications
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy, social science, or a related field
- Experience in management consulting or other professional services
- Demonstrated ability to coach and train others in statistics, data analysis or MEL methodologies
- Background in development programs relating to agriculture, nutrition and/or market efficiency
- Familiarity with the concepts surrounding the Theory of Change and the core tools of MEL (both quantitative and qualitative research methods)
- Familiarity with SurveyCTO, Open Data Kit or similar survey software
- Ability to use Stata, R or similar statistical software
Note that you are able to submit your application before your references complete their recommendation letters; however, you must include their contact information before submitting your application. Given the volume of applications received, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Addresse Abidjan
- Salaire Non Definis
- Années Experience 5